Saturday 5 July 2008

Perasa - an? Seasoning - ish?

I dont know about others, but I think even the toughest of men have their vulnerable moments. At that one paritcular moment that all their brute strength were rendered useless. When they're at their wit's end and they just cant help it but to leave themselves exposed. Men are after all.. human. Though we dont place emotions in high regards like most women do, but damn, it's there. Like a friend of mine used to say "Elehh.. Ganas ganas Gene Simmon tu pun kawen.. jiwang.. ada anak.. Ozzy osborne.. ganas.. ganas.. setan.. Kawen jugak.. Diorang tu semua ada emotion gak. Takde nyee orang yg hati batu sangat pun!". Yes, we'll try our best to hide it. That's where our ego kicks in. We'll pretend that it's all okay but in truth, we're fucked up inside. The best mask that men would usually resort to is his laughter and perhaps a straight emontion-less face. Some twisted ones would resort to violence or resort to substance abuse and some would just lock it behind bars and pretend that nothing ever happened. So, the next time around you see a happy face, it doesnt mean that the person is trouble free or there are no wounds behind those smile..

owh.. while I was browsing through my mp3s.. i stumbled upon this song. Haven't heard this song for quite some time now as it's not in my usual playlist. The Blower's(not that blow that crossed your mind just now!! bad!! bad!! =p) Daughter by Damien Rice. An old song of like.. 4-5 years ago?? Listened to this song avidly back then. Layan emo laaa katakan.. =D I just love this song because of the interaction from the female vocalist that really defined the whole tone of the music. The guy would sing as usual with all the jiwang stuffs and go "I can't take my eyes off of you (like 6 times with wailling celo sound)" and the girl would reply, one time only with a soothing voice.. "Did I say that I loathe you?Did I say that I want to, leave it all behind?".
smaaacckkedd!!! Felt like the end of the world. =p Luckily the song ends with the guy saying "I can't take my mind off you (like 6 times jugak! (-.-) persistent sungguh!)" and then he said "Till I find somebody new".

Most people would have known this song already because it was quite famous.. but if u wanna listen to it again.. please do.. provided you with the youtube. And feel free to indulge with the lyrics here


9 comments:

Donut said...

I remembered before our If I were yooo malam mesra sometime ago, you played the guitar and Ikhlas sang it beautifully.

Huh. wish you guys are still here.

Anonymous said...

oh yesss.. i love this song too.

and i agree with u about "So, the next time around you see a happy face, it doesnt mean that the person is trouble free or there are no wounds behind those smile"

some people hide their feelings. and trust me, that is the best thing to do.

Fhayza said...

yeah, i agree with that so much.

Azzam?? said...

hafriz: well.. i wish i was still there as well ;)

Hana: hiding is the best thing to do?? hmm.. depends =D

Faiza: heyy.. u agree with me kee u agrred with her(Hana)?? =p hahaha

Heiso said...

yet another EMO stuff from mister nurazam.. what's with?? haha.. anyways, ya la of course we all have problems and sometimes when we see someone we always go "Dang la that guy/girl.. always seem happy.. no problem at all ke?" In my case, It's usually u! (guy la. girl, hana =p)maybe it's good not to show ur feeling.. but I think sometimes we have to show it. we're not perfect.. we all have emotions. guy or girl.


P/s: I hate guys yg too emo tho. and i still hate your word verification =p

Anonymous said...

girl= me? heheh yeah i hide my feelings all the time. sometimes i let out. sikit. sikit je. banyak2 i hide inside... malas nak emo dpn org. haha

and i know ill live ;P

and yes ain, i hate azzam's word verification too!

Fhayza said...

i agree with hana's statement. and you too. hye hana! (im a stranger out of nowhere)

Anonymous said...

hye faiza!!! gambar u macam husni's. heheh tutup mulut! mysterious...

Anonymous said...

tramadol online tramadol 100mg online overnight - tramadol no prescription